I apologize for not updating this site with all my adventures lately. I hope to get back to using this site regularly as my paddling is continually taking over more and more of my life and leading to bigger and better adventures.
2017 Highlights so far:
– Participating in Te Aito with 80+ women on the start line! Finishing 11th in Open Women’s
– World Outrigger Championships in Tahiti in June.
4th place open women’s V6
4th place open women’s V1 (and epically surfing a V1 for the first time ever!)
– After my car broke down and not thinking I’d get to race at all, placing an unexpected 2nd at Canadian Surfski Championships
– Hosting clinics at the Gorge and getting to work with so many inspired paddlers!
– Reclaiming my title at the Gorge Downwind Championships in Hood River in OC1
– Winning Canadian Outrigger Championships with my women’s team from Kelowna Paddle Centre and watching six crews from KPC compete! Oh and winning the Women’s OC1 as well 🙂
– Being named as a Puakea Team Rider. Partnering with Vaikobi and being able to wear their Ocean Gear line to keep me cool and out of the sun at the World Championships and all summer long!
– Coaching many paddlers from Kelowna and Harrison throughout the season has been a huge highlight. Watching these people grow in skill, strength and confidence makes me happier than any title I win.
Thank you to all the people that have supported me along the way! There’s more to come!
See you on the water!